Colonial Securities, Inc. is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Member of SIPC, which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Explanatory brochure available upon request or at www.sipc.org. In addition, we have supplemental insurance coverage through a policy provided by a group of underwriting syndicates at Lloyd's of London. This additional insurance policy becomes available to customers in the event that SIPC limits are exhausted and provides protection for securities and cash up to an aggregate of $200 million. This is provided to pay amounts in addition to those returned in a SIPC liquidation. Note: Neither SIPC protection nor Lloyd's of London insurance protects against a loss in the market value of securities.
Types Of Securities Protected
- Notes, stocks, bonds, and certificates of deposit (CDs)
- Money market funds organized as mutual funds
- Publicly registered investment contracts or certificates of participation or interest in profit sharing agreements or oil, gas, or mineral royalties/leases
- Warrants or rights to purchase, sell, or subscribe to the aforementioned securities
- Cash balances (up to $250,000) maintained in an account for the purpose of purchasing securities
SIPC and Excess SIPC coverage does not apply to unregistered investment contracts or any interest in gold, silver, or other commodities, commodity contracts, or commodity options.
ACCOUNT PROTECTION DOES NOT INCLUDE LOSSES FROM THE RISE AND FALL IN THE MARKET VALUATION OF A CLIENT'S INVESTMENTS.
The Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) is a non-profit organization established by Congress to insure client accounts against the failure of member brokerage firms.